Effective: August 5, 2011
1. Collection of information. Realer collects information our users submit to us such as their name and email address to allow us to identify users and notify them of changes or updates to our service. Realer also collects information from users that is unique, but cannot be linked to a specific individual, such as IP address and browser type. A user's session will be tracked, but each user will remain anonymous. We gather this information for systems administration purposes and to track user trends. We do not link IP addresses to any personally identifiable information.
2. Cookies. Like many other Web sites, Realer uses a standard technology called "cookies." Cookies are small pieces of information stored on your hard drive -- not on our site. They can help make the Internet experience quicker and more convenient. Cookies allow our users to login without entering their ID and password each time they use Realer. Cookies help us understand how members use Realer, which allows us to improve upon the service. Members who disable cookies will not be able to use Realer.
3. Use of information. Realer uses personal information to create a secure and personalized service for our members.
4. Disclosure of information. We will not sell, lease or exchange your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your express consent, unless required by law or to protect your membership.
5. Links to other web sites. The Realer site may contain links to other Web sites. Please be aware that Realer is not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites our users choose to visit. If our users provide any information directly to parties other than Realer, different rules may apply to the use or disclosure of the personal information disclosed. We encourage you to investigate and ask questions before disclosing your personal information to third parties.
6. Third party advertisers. Realer may choose to deploy advertising on the service that is delivered to users through a third party's advertising server. Information about users' visits to Realer, such as number of times they have viewed an ad (but no personally identifiable information), would be used to serve ads to users on this site.
7. Privacy Protection for children. In compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), we will not knowingly provide access to Realer to persons under the age of thirteen (13). If Realer later learns that any member is under the age of thirteen (13), we will take appropriate steps to remove the member's information from the database and we will restrict this individual from future access to the Realer service.
8. Security procedures. Realer has implemented security measures to protect member information from loss, misuse and alteration. We use industry-standard practices such as encrypted storage, firewalls and password protection systems to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information. Each of our employees is aware of our security policies, and your information is only available to those employees who need it to perform their jobs.
10. Notification of changes. If Realer changes its policy and seeks to use your personally identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection, you will be notified via email. In addition, if we make any material changes in our privacy practices that do not affect user information already stored in our database, we will post a notice on our Web site notifying users of the change. In some cases where we post the notice, we will also email users who have opted to receive communications from us to notify them of the changes in our privacy practices.